Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Laudia Yambala's Photo & Profile/Biodata


Laudia Yambala

AGE: 25 | HEIGHT: 5'7" | HOMETOWN: MONTREAL, QC

Laudia is a vibrant and charismatic individual. Her motto is her favorite quote by Wayne Dyer: "If you change the way you look at things, what you look at changes." That being said, Laudia believes that it is important for humanity to realize the unique power that every person has to create the greatest life for him or herself.

Laudia was born and raised in the Democratic Republic of Congo and moved to Canada at the age of 13. She is fluent in English, French and Lingala. Her frequent exposure to different cultures, and her experience traveling through Africa and Europe, created an interest and an aptitude for communication and the study of its importance.

A recent graduate from Carleton University with a degree in Mass Communications, Laudia is working towards her dream of becoming a Television host, which would allow her to reach out to people with her messages of inspiration and to be inspired. Eventually, she hopes to have her own television production company.

In addition to currently working for a local production company, she is also a model instructor and mentor for young models. In her spare time, she tutors young students; an experience she describes as, "absolutely invigorating". She holds the conviction that, it is important for society to communicate with youth, and to help them achieve a greater sense of self-confidence that will lead to a belief that their "contribution" is important to the world. Being Miss Universe Canada would allow Laudia to continue to nurture her desire to be a role model for women and children, and to accomplish a sense of unity in all the growth opportunities she hopes to create for herself.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student?
If yes, where?
Area of study:

N/A

Are you currently employed?
If yes, what is your occupation?

Yes
I am a model instructor and I currently work at a local production company.

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where?

Yes
Immaculata High school in Ottawa, Ontario.

Have you completed university/college?
If yes, where?

Yes
Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario.
I majored, and completed a Mass Communications degree.

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where?
What subject?

N/A

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

English
French
Lingala

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

I played the xylophone for three years.
I was involved in a choir for 2 years.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

I have done 7 years of track and field.
I have participated in gymnastics competitions for 3 years.
I was in a basketball team for 3 years.
I have been involved in dance for 7 years.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

Carleton University – Bachelor of Arts- Mass Communications degree, 2009
Immaculata High school- Ontario high school diploma, 2003

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

Red Cross
Salvation Army
I participated at fundraisers on campus to raise money for people living with sickle cell disease.

What would be your "dream job" in life?

My dream job would be to host my own show. I am interested in developing rhetorical innovations for the purpose of promoting cross cultural unity.
My final goal is to have my own production company.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?
The most influence in my life has come from my students.
Working with children and young adults has taught me a lot about living in the moment and never doing less than your best. I have learned that different people learn in different ways. This has therefore motivated me to find new and fun ways to teach. With the help of my students, I have grown to become an empathetic, patient and open minded individual. They keep my spirit youthful and content. It is something I am reminded of during every class I teach.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

My proudest personal accomplishment is having the opportunity to work as a model instructor, a life coach and a tutor for young students. Furthermore, my position as front line communicator for a production house is providing me with knowledge of all the facets involved with media production and communication. This is an important time that will help me shape my career from the inside out. I see this as a great accomplishment.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

My career ambition is to be a television host and to one day have my own production company. In order to accomplish this goal, I recently completed my Mass Communications degree at Carleton University. I am also currently working at a production company and I have hosted various events.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

Growing up in the Democratic Republic of Congo, with the opportunity for frequent travel, provided me with a rich life experience that made my transition to Canada, and becoming a Canadian citizen, an enlightening journey that continues everyday. I am grateful for my family, particularly my mother for all her love and support, as well as all my experiences; for they have pushed me to continue to absorb the impressions of the world around me in relation to my own. My childhood was filled with adventure and a loving family.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

1. I worked as a correspondent for a PBS environmental weekly program, called Northeast Green Lifestyles TV. I had the opportunity to update the public on Eco-friendly news, trends and products. This enriching experience also provided me with an opportunity to put my communication skills to use.

2. I worked as a style contributor for a local blog, for which I had to photograph people who challenge style conventions. It was a fun experience where I got to meet different people, study “visual grammar” and find out the inspiration to personal style.

List any volunteering you have done.

I volunteered for social events at an old age home in Ottawa.
I participated in the peer for HIV/AIDS education and outreach program at a community health centre, in Ottawa.
I volunteered for the Race ethnicity and Cultural Hall, a student Association at Carleton University, where I organised and hosted a fashion show for Black History Month.
I also coordinated two Fashion shows for the Multicultural Society at Carleton University.
I participated as a production assistant for a community theatre fundraiser.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

The most interesting place I have been was at the Cape of Good Hope in Cape Town, South Africa. It is at the tip of the Cape Peninsula, one of the southern points where the Atlantic and Indian Ocean meet. I will never forget that day because I felt like I was standing at the tip of Africa. It was truly a breathtaking experience.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

My impressions and life experiences have provided me with a unique outlook and philosophy, which continues to change, as I grow and life presents its challenges and opportunities. My choices make me unique. We are all beautiful people in this contest (in this world), the differences are just where we are coming from. I believe my versatility makes me a unique contestant.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

My philosophy in life is to continue learning, to be patient with myself and others, and to accept all experiences as gifts.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

In 10 years I would like to be married and have children, and of course, a successful production company.

I would hope to open development centres and recreational facilities in third world countries, where local people would gain the necessary skills and knowledge to become independent and exchange progressive cultural ideals.
Moreover, this would provide access to cultural information and assist youth in the development of their soft skills through art, free self expression and networking experience.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

I love my life, and that enthusiasm is evident in the passion I exhibit in my day-to-day activities. Whether it’s leading a motivational class for my students, making jewellery, collecting stirring quotes or spending time basking in the serenity of nature, I always try to do something that makes me feel good. I also believe that it’s important to share this inspiration with others, so I recently initiated what I refer to as “Creative Day” amongst my friends, where we get together once a week and work on our craft. These meetings are very productive and motivate me to stay focused on my goals.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment