Saturday, April 10, 2010

Miss Universe Canada 2010 - Ania Bureacenco's Profile/Biodata & Picture


Ania Bureacenco

AGE: 20 | HEIGHT: 5'9" | HOMETOWN: WHITE ROCK, BC

Born in the capital of a small European country, Moldavia, Ania found herself growing up in the midst of four loving older sisters and ambitious parents who wanted to provide a wonderful and successful future for their family. At age eleven she immigrated to Canada with her family, and soon after began exploring the different traditions, religions, and cultures of Canada. This pushed Ania’s limits and she now finds a lot of interest in cultures and languages.

From the time Ania could barely walk, it was very hard for her parents to keep her sitting in one spot, as she enjoyed exploring new things. Now grown up, Ania has made it a habit to constantly stay busy. She is currently a full time Business Administration student at Capilano University. After completing her degree, she wants to continue her studies at Simon Fraser University to finish her teaching degree. She then hopes to pursue her dream of becoming a teacher and a mentor at an Elementary School.

In her spare time, Ania volunteers at community events, and loves exploring the outdoors. Having grown up in an active family, she loves trying new sports and thrills, such as white river rafting, and bungee jumping. Ania recently had the opportunity to travel to Korea to represent Canada at an International Model of the Year competition, and loved every part of it. Starting with learning about a new country, language, and religion, and ending with great lifelong friendships, Ania fell in love with the idea of traveling.


Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? Yes
If yes, where? Capilano University
Area of study: Bachelors of Business Administration degree. Afterwards, I will finish the Professional Program at Simon Fraser University to become an Elementary school teacher.

Are you currently employed? Yes
If yes, what is your occupation? I have worked at TD Canada Trust as a Customer Service Representative for the past two years.

Have you completed secondary school? Yes
If yes, where? I graduated from Burnaby South Secondary School.

Have you completed university/college? No
If yes, where? I am in my second year of studies at Capilano University.

Have you completed any technical/professional school? No
If yes, where?
What subject?

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

I am fluent in English and Russian, and my Romanian and Spanish are regrettably only at the tourist level... for now. With my love for travelling, my love for languages won’t go away anytime soon. J

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

During secondary school I did a lot of acting and took part in plays in and outside of school. Despite my clumsiness, I took some beginners ballet classes at a local city center to expand my understanding of dance and sport. I also took some Salsa dancing lessons.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

My parents always taught me that health is one of the most important things. Since I was young, my sisters and I have been very active in every sport available, and were always encouraged to try new things. I played handball for three years in Moldavia, and Volleyball for two years in high school. I was also on the track team, and soccer team. I have also loved my numerous experiences with white water rafting and bungee jumping.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

I have been studying at Capilano University since I graduated from Secondary school.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

Mainly, I have supported the Canadian Diabetes Association because I have seen how my strong and beautiful grandma has been fighting diabetes for the past 30 years. I also supported The Children’s Miracle Network through and outside of TD Canada Trust, and have been lucky enough to be part of the Friends of the Environment Foundation through my time at TD. I also supported “Aids Walk for Life”, the Breast Cancer Foundation, and the “SPCA Walk for Paws”.

What would be your "dream job" in life?

It seems that I have a couple of dream jobs, and I know I will be able to succeed in both at some point in the near future. I have always been known as the “drama queen” in my family because I love to act, and make people laugh. Even though I haven’t had any professional experience yet, I would like to act in the future, and I hope to soon start with commercials. Another dream job of mine is to teach and be a part of a child’s growth process. Kids are our future, and with current conditions and negative media that is available to them, I hope I can be a good example. I hope I can help them realize their own creativity and dreams, and learn to love themselves for who they are.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

It is hard to name one person, when I have four amazing older sisters who I have been looking up to no matter what the situation is, and what surprises life rolls my way. All of my sisters are very unique in their own way, and whether I need a role model who is active, creative, kind, or just a great and friendly individual, I have my sisters to look up to and admire. Each in her own way, my sisters are very inspirational people who never fail to astonish me.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

When I arrived in Canada with my family nine years ago, I had no idea what awaited. Learning a new language and adapting to a new environment was definitely not easy. In a new country it may seem easiest to find others from the same background. The only problem with this approach; is that people start feeling comfortable, and therefore stop learning. I felt like I got out of my comfort zone, and even though it was really hard at first, over time it was really worth the effort. I was lucky enough to learn English quickly. I met many new people with different strengths, weaknesses, and cultures most of who helped build my confidence. I found ways to make new friends – no matter what background they were from. I learned to love and enjoy the multi-cultural population we have in Canada.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

Even though I currently work at a financial Institution and am loving every step of the way, my ambition is to teach. I am studying Business Administration with plans to finish my teaching degree at Simon Fraser University afterwards. I want to be able to impact the lives of young kids in a positive way, and help them live out their dreams, no matter how big or small. Most importantly, I myself want to be surrounded by young, warm-hearted individuals who can teach me about ceativity and fun. Before I become a teacher, I plan to be a part of some commercials, and hopefully acting. It has always been a dream of mine that seemed so farfetched and unrealistic, but now I know that I will get there. J

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

My childhood was definitely filled with a lot of laughter and love. I was raised in Moldavia for the first eleven years of my life, where my four older sisters and parents made sure I was always ahead of my peers. My sisters took turns in home schooling me before I went to First grade, and I was always encouraged to stay active and expand my creativity. As we grew older, my parents realized that they could not provide the future they wanted for their five daughters in Moldavia - a safe future full of opportunities. After we moved to Canada, it was hard to adapt to a new environment, but we got through it... together. Now, Canada is everything we ever dreamed of and more. We fell in love with British Columbia immediately. People are friendly, nature is beautiful, and great opportnities await.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

I find that my first real job had the biggest effect on me. When I was fourteen I started working at a Circulation Company, going door to door and offering trials and subscriptions to newspapers. It felt as if I had discovered a whole new world - it was fun, exciting, and best of all, I no longer needed to ask my mom for change J. I think it was the great feeling of independence that got me addicted to working, as well as the new skills I continuously learned along the way. No matter how cold the weather was, or how little trials I sold that day, I still had great friends and management to get me through the day.

List any volunteering you have done.

In the last few years I have volunteered and supported my communtity in a few ways, including a few one-day volunteering programs, such as at an auction – helping the homeless, at a community family day, and supporting the Children’s Hospital a few times. Not long ago, I also spent some time with my past Elementary School teacher, helping her around the classroom, and really finding out whether or not teaching is the direction I want to go in my career - and it definitely is.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

Living in one of the world’s most beautiful countries, that being Canada, I do my best not to take things for granted. A few years back, in November of 2007, I travelled to South America with my family on a cruise, and visited a few interesting countries. We visited Guatemala, Mexico, Belize, and Honduras. All were amazing in their own way, but the country that struck me most was Honduras. The places we visited were very different compared to what I am used to living in now. Their living conditions were very poor, and even though I know of poverty in third world countries, it was a completely different feeling to see it with my own eyes. This made me realize how so many people take their lives for granted, and don’t even think to stop for a moment, and realize how lucky they are to be in a place like Canada.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

Every one of the girls I am competing with presents something unique and interesting. My life experience and certain hardships have definitely shaped a strong character in me. No matter how bad the day may seem, the important thing is to know that if one door closes, a bigger, and a brighter door will always open. Because of my background, the one very important thng I have learned is to be sensitive to other people’s needs before mine, and embrace their differences. Regardless of ethnicity, class or culture, every human being has a right to live, and a right to enjoy their life to the fullest.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

My main philosophy on life is to treat people the way I want to be treated. It is always important to be aware of how I make people feel, and of what I bring into life. I deeply consider how people perceive me and how my actions reflect who I am. I believe in change and am open to feedback to the degree that my values and morals reflect my effort to be the best I can be. The more positive energy I put out and surround myself with, the more will come back my way, and affect my surroundings in a positive way.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

No matter what life brings my way, I know that I will remain passionate about some of the things I want to do in life. In ten years, I hope to be either teaching abroad or at a local elementary school. Whatever the outcome, I hope to be impacting young kids’ lives in a positive and energetic way. After I have acted and travelled for a few years, I will settle down with my own family, and focus on impacting not only my community, but also the world on a bigger scale.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

Every day I live my life by saying that I want to try everything! Whether it is trying new food, going to new places, or exploring new activities, I make sure not to restrict myself from anything. A few years back I tried bungee jumping, white river rafting, snowboarding and camping all for the first time, and fell in love with the idea of trying new things. I really look forward to each day and all the opportunities that life presents. Next step: long road trips and sky-diving!



source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment